Hi,

> - How should We handle the signing procedure? Simply omit?

For .deb and .rpm, we need to sign them to install them by
apt/yum.

We should use a GPG key only for nightly for this
propose. We should not use GPG keys in
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/arrow/KEYS for
this propose.

We can share the GPG key for nightly with PMC members safely
by encrypted it with GPG keys in
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/arrow/KEYS.

We can use the GPG key for nightly on Travis CI by
encrypting the GPG key:
https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/encryption-keys/

> - May We host the nightlies under the Apache bintray account?
> - Do We want to use JFrog Artifactory over Bintray?
>   If so should We setup it [2] or does Apache has one already?

If we can use both, Bintray is better. Because we already
use Bintray for release and RC packages.

If we use Bintray, we can test our upload script.

We need to remove old nightly packages periodically.
I think that keeping the last 7 days is enough.

We can do this by just deleting a version for old nightly
packages on Bintray:
https://bintray.com/docs/api/#url_delete_version

I think that we should create a version such as "2019-02-28"
for each nightly.

kou

In <cahm19a7uqbb2t9pet8r0f8wub6c+ewbuh4aqgywcvstsgvc...@mail.gmail.com>