Hello all,

KrisztiƔn has been lately working on getting Buildbot running for Arrow. While
I have not yet had the time to look at it in detail what would hinder us using
it as the main Linux builder and ditching Travis except for OSX?

Otherwise I have lately made really good experiences with Gitlab CI connected
to Github projects. While they only offer a comparatively small amount of CI
time per month per project (2000 minutes is quite small in the Arrow case), I
enjoyed that you can connect your own builders to their hosted gitlab.com
instance. This would enable us to easily add funded workers to the project as
well as utilise special hardware that we would not otherwise get in public CI
instances. The CI runners ("workers") are really simple to setup (It took me on
Windows and on Linux less than 5min each) and the logs show up in the hosted UI.

Uwe