Presumably a migration away from Travis also means that we have to
develop tools to allow contributors to test their patches outside of
the GitHub pull request. If something is Docker-based, then it can be
run locally, of course.

We definitely can't persist under the current circumstances where
builds take hours to even begin. Here's an example of a PR that was
approved 3 hours ago but whose Travis builds only started about 10
minutes ago (and will have to run for at least another 30-60 minutes)

https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/4894

I think we need to get to an SLA where we're getting feedback on PRs
in 90 minutes or less.