This sounds reasonable to me. We are approaching our 5 year
anniversary as an Apache project (on February 17, 2021) and I have
thought that it would make sense to rotate PMC chairs at some point,
but making it an annual thing makes things even simpler.

For what it's worth, in this project the PMC chair (Jacques) has
mainly only had to exercise the unique responsibilities of the role in
the submission of board reports and in giving PMC karma to new PMC
members. There have been a handful of instances where the PMC has
engaged with the board beyond our routine reports over certain
matters, but overall IMHO we've had a generally healthy dynamic in our
governance.