NumPy's deprecation policy would drop support for the 1.16 series in January:
https://numpy.org/neps/nep-0029-deprecation_policy.html#support-table This when
I would suggest to up the minimal numpy in builds here to 1.17 and we will also
up the version used for builds in conda-forge.

Still, the PR is so trival that we should merge it. I'm not uptodate what the
status of the 2.0.1 release is but this would be an essential patch for that.