Hello,

Note the change in the message topic :-)
We now have a draft PR up to switch the C++ standard level to C++17.
This allows very nice simplifications in the code, especially the use
of elegant constructs that can replace some cumbersome uses of
std::enable_if, SFINAE and other pain points.

https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/10414

It seems we were finally able to overcome the main platform
compatibility (CI) hurdles, though some effort will probably be
necessary to squash all regressions in that area.

I haven't seen any opposition previously in this thread, so you are
really concerned by this, it would be better to speak up quickly, as
otherwise we may decide to move forward with the change.

Best regards

Antoine.