Hi,

Sorry. I was wrong. I tried it locally and got no build
error. We added "deprecated" metadata in this case. So I
thought that we get some deprecated warnings and they are
treated as errors in CI.

> At worse, you can include the changes necessary for it to compile
> cleanly, without adding support for the new fields/methods?

Why do we want to split format/ changes even when we require
additional changes? Easy to review?

I can understand that we can review specification changes
without implementations. But some problems may be found by
implementing the specification changes. I think that this is
the reason why we require at least two reference
implementations to change our specifications.

So I think that we should not split specification changes
and their implementations without a reasonable reason.

If we should review/merge specification changes and then
review/merge their implementations, how about updating our
changing process?
https://arrow.apache.org/docs/dev/format/Changing.html

kou

In <e4176e1a-fa85-453d-7a00-279044c3f...@python.org>
  "Re: [DISCUSS][Format][Flight] Result set expiration support" on Thu, 22 Jun
2023 08:55:33 +0200,