The easiest thing is to share the Twitter credentials with any PMC member who
is interested in sending tweets (which is usually a very small number).

To answer Antoine’s point. I have found Twitter an extremely effective way for
an open-source project to communicate with the “exo-community” — people who are
interested in the project but not so invested that they join the email list. An
open source project needs to perform pretty much all of the functions of a
for-profit company, and Twitter fulfills the marketing function. Clearly
Twitter is not what it used to be, but I don’t know what, if anything, has
replaced it.

Julian