I am trying to get feedback from the group in general about how best to add
Metadata Dependencies, particularly in the context of extensions. The
functionality that is needed is as follows:

*When dropping a metadata entity A (e.g. a dataverse), first check whether
A has any metadata entities that depend on it. Then allow these entities
two options:*

*1) block: don't drop A while this dependent entity exists*
*2) chain: when dropping A, drop this dependent entity as well.*

One issue to keep in mind here is that with extensions, Asterix will not
currently know about metadata datasets added by extensions.

So far we have two proposals for this issue:

A) Metadata dependency index. When you create an entity that depends on
another, add an entry to this index. Check this index when dropping an

B) Metadata data set index. All Metadata datasets would be registered in
this index, and then we can query them as needed when dropping an entity.
In this case we would need some way to specify which fields in these
datasets represent dependencies in order to query them properly.

We would like any feedback on these two solutions or proposals for
alternate solutions.