From: Yingyi Bu <buyin...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 9:55 PM
Subject: type name changes
To: us...@asterixdb.apache.org

Hi users,

Recently, we did some name changes for builtin types to better align with
SQL's types:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/asterixdb/datamodel.html

There will be a further name change that changes "record" to "object", to
better align with JSON.
The purpose of renaming those builtin types is to lower the usage bar for
users who are using either SQL or JSON.

Note that all the old type names should still work as it used to be.
However, it is better to move to new names for future use cases.

Best,
Yingyi