Hi Kristoffer,

For the UDF installation, what ansible does is to copy things over to the
right place. Similarly, if you copy the unarchived UDF library to the right
local directory, it will be picked up by the system as well. For the local
instance case, copy the unarchived files to "asterix
-server-0.9.4-SNAPSHOT-binary-assembly/lib/udfs/DV_NAME/LIB_NAME/" can help
you get a local instance with UDF installed.

An example with the default library installed on my machine looks like
following:

/Users/xikuiw/Temp/asterix-server-0.9.4-SNAPSHOT-binary-assembly/lib/udfs/test/test
% ls

DEPENDENCIES                                   NOTICE
                   change_feed.csv
LICENSE
asterix-external-data-0.9.4-SNAPSHOT-tests.jar library_descriptor.xml

Hope this can help you.

Best,
Xikui