Agreed! It is time for the "AI-ready AsterixDB release"! In addition to the 
things that you listed, we should make sure that the docs on our ASF site have been 
updated to reflect all the latest/greatest features. There are new built-in functions and 
new DDL and DML statements whose syntax and semantics need to be added so that everything 
is current.

On 9/30/26 4:39 PM, Ian Maxon wrote:
Hi all,
I wanted to start a discussion about the next release. I think this
year, and especially in this past month, a lot of work has gone into
stabilizing and improving some of the new features coming in through
APEs. There are also a great many features that have been in master
for a very long time since the last release. I think it is past time
to show them off.

I think we should branch soon for the release, before October. However
I think there are a couple changes I'd like to go in after the cut.
Most of them are related to documentation or QoL:

1. Basic auth, which we have discussed a bit before:
https://asterix-gerrit.ics.uci.edu/c/asterixdb/+/20684 & Adding
support for that to the dashboard:
https://asterix-gerrit.ics.uci.edu/c/asterixdb/+/21246/1

2. Vivek's Docs updates: https://asterix-gerrit.ics.uci.edu/c/asterixdb/+/21503

3. The "cloud mode" documentation:
https://asterix-gerrit.ics.uci.edu/c/asterixdb/+/21666

4. Optionally, the basic helm charts:
https://asterix-gerrit.ics.uci.edu/c/asterixdb/+/18242

Then, there will need to be some Github Workflows to enable dockerized
releases. Those will also have to go in this branch, I think.

What does everyone else think? Is there anything else missing for
0.9.10 (or even 1.0.0? :-) )

- Ian

Reply via email to