I was just reading ATLAS-1870 which related to default audit repositories. I see the default is HBaseBasedAuditRepository, and that there is also NoopEntityAuditRepository, and InMemoryEntityAuditRepository.

I'm thinking that when Atlas is used in a non-hadoop oriented environment it would be useful to have a non-hbase, persistent (helps a little with compliance ;-) ) audit respository. Perhaps another RDB, or indeed in solr/elastic search alongside Ranger's audit events.

I'll raise a JIRA on this if it's felt useful & my understanding is correct

Nigel.