All,

I decided to spend a few cycles performing from basic performance tests to
help us refine our type system. The goal was to determine how we would add
relationships to our entities and if we would use the new relationship APIs
or not. The test was simple. I created a type called container and a type
called child both extending DataSet. I think created an instance of
container, and added one child at a time to the container recording the
cost of the add, and the cost of fetching the container after each add.

There were three tests run:

- Legacy - Assign the entities to the attributes in the attribute map
- Hybrid - Leave the legacy attributes in the type system, and use the
relationship APIs
- V2 - Remove the legacy attributes and use the relationship APIs

Here are the results for 100 children:

Is there a reason we are continuing to use legacy attributes in the type
system(s) we are shipping with Atlas? From a performance perspective this
does not seem like a reasonable thing to do.

Thanks!

Pierre