Actually, one thing I forgot to mention was to include search related
enhancements being worked on for 0.8-incubating.

Thanks
Hemanth
From: Hemanth Yamijala <hyamij...@hortonworks.com>
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2016 1:49 PM
To: dev@atlas.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Podling Report Draft for December 2016

Hi Vimal,

Thank you for taking this up.

The report looks good to me.

Thanks
Hemanth
From: Vimal Sharma <visha...@hortonworks.com>
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2016 12:35 PM
To: dev@atlas.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Podling Report Draft for December 2016

Hi everyone,

All incubator projects are expected to submit a Podling report in every quarter.

The link below contains the last report we submitted for reference:
https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/September2016

We need to submit the report for the last quarter on the wiki by December 7th.
Please review the content below and provide your feedback/suggestions.

////////////////////////////////// Report Beginning
///////////////////////////////////

Atlas
Apache Atlas is a scalable and extensible set of core foundational governance
services that enables enterprises to effectively and efficiently meet their
compliance requirements within Hadoop and allows integration with the complete
enterprise data ecosystem.

Atlas has been incubating since 2015-05-05.

1. Podling name search is pending.

Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware of?
No specific issues at this time to report.

1. We have added 3 new committers since the last report from different
organizations. About 10 new contributors have been added since the last report.
The current number of contributors is around 70.

2. The activity on the atlas-dev mailing list stands at around 610 messages per
month between September and November [1]

3. People across various organizations are interested in exploring Atlas. We
have received comments and suggestions from people who are evaluating Atlas for
their governance requirements.

1. We are working towards a 0.8-incubating release in the next couple of
months. This upcoming release would include major features like structured high
level REST APIs, column level lineage for Hive CTAS queries, entity
creation/updation from Atlas UI, Atlas Hook support for Hive2, Knox SSO support
for Atlas, addition of user defined and system attributes to entities, Business
Catalog GA

2. An abstraction layer has been added to make Atlas agnostic to the underlying
graph database version

3. A total of 186 issues were reported between Sep 1st 2016 and Nov 30th 2016.
122 issues have been resolved in the same time [2][3]

Date of last release:
2016-07-09: 07-incubating [4]

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?
1. The PPMC voted and elected 3 new members as committers to the project on
2016-10-20: Madhan Neethiraj, Jeffrey Hagelberg and Vimal Sharma.

Links
[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-atlas-dev/

[2]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ATLAS-1341?jql=project%20%3D%20ATLAS%20AND%20created%20%3E%3D%20%272016-09-01%27%20and%20created%20%3C%3D%20%272016-11-30%27