Hi,

We need to submit an incubator report and have missed the first
deadline for submission. Please review the text below and let me know
if there are any errors to be corrected. I will wait until Tuesday
morning 9 AM IST to hear back from folks.

Thanks
Hemanth
========
Atlas
Apache Atlas is a scalable and extensible set of core foundational
governance services that enables enterprises to effectively and
efficiently meet their compliance requirements within Hadoop and
allows integration with the complete enterprise data ecosystem.

Atlas has been incubating since 2015-05-05.

1. Podling name search is pending. PODLINGNAMESEARCH-118 [1] was
opened to track this.

Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware of?
No specific issues at this time to report.

1. No new committers or PPMC additions since last time. About 4 new
contributors have been added since the last report. The current number
of contributors is around 74.

2. The activity on the atlas-dev mailing list stands at an average of
around 800 messages per month between December and February [2]

1. 0.7.1 (incubating) release of Apache Atlas was made on 30th January
2017 [3]. In addition, a 0.8 release is being planned and community is
focussed on this.

2. New features such as an improved API layer, more performance
improvements, UI enhancements to create new entities etc are being
planned in the 0.8 release. In addition, there are proposals to bring
a new Business Glossary feature.

3. A total of 253 issues were reported between Dec 1st 2016 and Feb
28th 2017. 158 issues have been resolved in the same time [4][5]

Date of last release:
2017-01-30: 0.7.1-incubating [3]

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?
1. The PPMC voted and elected 3 new members as committers to the
project on 2016-10-20: Madhan Neethiraj, Jeffrey Hagelberg and Vimal
Sharma.

Links
[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-118

[2]