On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 4:52 PM, Jeff Schroeder <jeffschroe...@computer.org>
wrote:

> What about using logback instead of log4j? It has some interesting benefits
> over log4j and we wouldn't be the first large mesos framework to switch to
> it.
>
> Personally, I'd love to see glog burn and die in a fire.

The nice thing about glog _format_ is it can be used to make correlating
mesos & aurora events easier.  I'm all for making emulating the mesos log
format easy with whatever logging package we use.
Its true that aurora doesn't ship with tools to view merged logs for
mesos/aurora/thermos, but those sorts of tools are very nice to have.  That
said, it would not be hard to add a temporal translator for each to align
log lines.

--
John Sirois
303-512-3301