On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 10:58 AM, John Sirois <jsir...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 10:22 AM, Maxim Khutornenko <ma...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> +1 to having 1603 and 1601 as blockers. I am planning to work on 1603
>> today.
>>
>> As for 1605, I don't believe it's a blocker given that all findings are
>> already documented in the ticket.
>>

> I went through a recovery using the guide and hit issues that don't square
> with the description of corrections described in AURORA-1605 nor the new
> `--bypass-leader-redirect` capability introduced to aurora_admin in
> AURORA-1601.
> I suspect this can be explained by me not knowing what I'm doing!  That
> said, unless I'm being especially dumb here, neither will the the 1st time
> restorer.
>
> I'll wait for you to close out AURORA-1603 to signal an OK on the
> technical issue that necessitated the restore in the 1st place and I'd like
> to block on some feedback on my experience restoring documented in
> AURORA-1605 before making up my mind on AURORA-1605 being a release
> blocker.  It does seem to me we should have useable restore docs as a high
> priority, but if they've been broken in large ways for some time, I might
> be convinced that AURORA-1605 is a valid 0.13.0 release blocker but not
> 0.12.0.

Alright - Maxim has closed out AURORA-1603 and only AURORA-1605 remains.
I'd still like to block on that if someone can devote some time in the next
2 business days to running through the docs and correcting / reviewing the
issues I had with the docs as noted in the issue.
If I have no feedback on the status of AURORA-1605 by the morning (MST) of
Monday February 8th, I'll take that a silent disapproval of the block and
proceed to cut 0.12.0-rc3.