It seems like the easiest path forward would be to have the executor itself
host the observer web UI, if the HTTP port for the UI were configured as
just another port on the task, the aurora UI could just link to /mname for
that instance.

I think the overall "what is running on this machine" view the observer
displays (if you go to it without a task ID) is much less useful and could
probably be removed without much sadness.