What does this mean in terms of the original goals behind the storage
system refactor? Are we confident that Jordan's work for hot-followers will
alleviate the problems w/ long failovers? I'm definitely in favor of
killing the H2 code if its goals can never be realized and it's just a
maintenance burden, but I'd also like to know what our plans are for
storage in the future.

Also, what does this mean for stores that have never existed as non-H2
(i.e. the job update store). Will converting it have an impact on, e.g.,
storage write-lock contention?