All,

Right now the thrift API getTasksWithoutConfigs returns a null
executorConfig. This makes it impossible for the Web UI to differentiate
between thermos tasks which conform to the format that the observer expects
and non-thermos based tasks which do not follow a specific sandbox layout.

What this translates to is broken links in the UI for non-thermos tasks. If
we could differentiate between the tasks we may be able to provide a better
UI experience (including not having a link at all).

In order to differentiate in the web UI, I propose this we modify the
getTasksWithoutConfigs to return task objects with the executorConfig.name
set. executorConfig.data would still be nulled out in
*https://github.com/apache/aurora/blob/master/src/main/java/org/apache/aurora/scheduler/thrift/ReadOnlySchedulerImpl.java#L174
<https://github.com/apache/aurora/blob/master/src/main/java/org/apache/aurora/scheduler/thrift/ReadOnlySchedulerImpl.java#L174>*

I may be wrong but I can't think of any security issues this may cause as
the default executor name is exposed through the API.

If the community agrees this is an OK change to make I will go ahead and
submit a patch to enable this functionality as well as a web UI fix.

-Renan