Sure,

The patch I have attached to AVRO-1723
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-1723> includes the fixes from
AVRO-1667 (The included unit test would fail otherwise).
I have created the patch based on the latest trunk at the time. (Doug asked for
it in order to review the changes easier)

you can either use the attached patch or merge the branch:
https://github.com/zolyfarkas/avro/tree/trunk-AVRO-1723  (rebased it now to
latest trunk)

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help with this.

—Z