Here's a draft board report for this quarter. If you have anything you'd
like to add, please reply!
- Avro is a cross-language data serialization system.
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
- 1.8.2 release is close to a release candidate.
- Added a single-message format and API for systems like Kafka.
## Health report:
- Last report stated, "Avro is healthier than last [quarter]". This is
because the community was talking about setting up a regular release
schedule and there was interest in regularly getting contributor work
into releases. This is an important step becuase contributors won't
submit patches to a project if they are never available to use.
- The release planned for August has been delayed by build issues, but
is nearly through blockers and is expected this quarter.
- Contributor engagement is still a goal we are working on. Many committers
do not have time to review patches.
## PMC changes:
- Currently 16 PMC members.
- No new PMC members added in the last 3 months
- Last PMC addition was Sean Busbey on Sun Feb 14 2016
## Committer base changes:
- Currently 23 committers.
- No new committers added in the last 3 months
- Last committer addition was Matthieu Monsch at Mon Jan 18 2016
- 1.8.1 was released on Fri May 20 2016
## Mailing list activity:
- 279 subscribers (up 8 in the last 3 months):
- 757 emails sent to list (660 in previous quarter)
- 631 subscribers (up 9 in the last 3 months):
- 45 emails sent to list (39 in previous quarter)
## JIRA activity:
- 51 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 35 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months