Hi,

I have made an attempt and have setup a pre-commit job using the build
system in apache.
https://builds.apache.org/view/PreCommit%20Builds/job/PreCommit-AVRO-Build-TEST/

I have tried to test most of the use cases when I was setting it up.

The biggest usecase I have verified is java. I did run it against a few
other language patches.

The bot basically runs ./build.sh test on the module you have made the
change to.  Hence, it is not recommended to make changes to multiple
modules. It uses docker to run the tests in.

Going forward I would like to hold every patch to a minimum of this level.
A -1 from the bot should disqualify the patch from being submitted.

If you believe there is a mistake in the bots response, either a positive
or a negative please let me know.

I hope no one has an issues with the setup.

PS :

   - Due to a known issue in YETUS (the underlying build test system) if
   the GitHub bot doesn’t comment on the ticket, the test infrastructure will
   fail to pick up that issue. There is work currently in progress on the said
   issue. (YETUS-499)
   - Currently the code (AVRO-1887) has not been merged to avro:master.
   Hence, the code is being run on spacharya:master.
   - This is my first attempt at setting up a pre-commit job, if you can
   think of improvements or mistakes please let me know.

Thanks

Suraj Acharya