so we'd still do issue tracking in JIRA, but specifically for looking at
who's contributed we'd use the github tooling?

we could do a clean cut over for that. We'd have to get more rigorous at
making sure the author on commits is the contributor. the current
discrepency is a combination of svn days where it wasn't possible to
attribute authorship in the metadata and folks not setting it when using
git to commit a patch that comes in without metadata.

--
busbey