Fully agree with you Ismaël.

The issue is that it CAN write directly. For example here:
https://github.com/Fokko/avro/pull/35 If you ask dependabot to merge it, it
will be merged into master. And therefore it will ask for write access to
the repository. Recently dependabot has been acquired
<https://dependabot.com/blog/hello-github/> by Github, so I guess we can
ask Github to sign a CLA :-) It is worth a shot of discussing this upstream
in the ASF. Dependabot letting us know when there is a library with known
CVE's will make the software much saver.

Cheers, Fokko