Hello! It looks like this has already been done -- the commit was already
cherrry-picked into branch-1.9 and should appear in release 1.9.2 (see
https://github.com/apache/avro/blob/branch-1.9/lang/java/pom.xml#L42).

A few months ago, there was some question about whether the jackson upgrade
was accidental (causing a build failure fixed by AVRO-2632).  I've updated
that JIRA and the Fix Version of AVRO-2587.

Best regards, Ryan