Thanks Ryan for taking care of this.

Unfortunately, I have to give a -1 (binding) to the RC. It turns out that
AVRO-2663 wasn't properly cherry-picked. I've tried to run Avro against
Iceberg, and the tests failed. It turned out that only the first commit of
the PR was being cherry-picked onto the 1.9 branch. I've tested it, and
after the patch, the tests in Iceberg pass as well.

I've created a PR for patching this: https://github.com/apache/avro/pull/801

Cheers, Fokko