Now that Avro 1.9.2 was released I wanted to propose a sort of roadmap for
the
next release. We already have accumulated a good chunk of new features and
fixes
that can be released as Avro 1.10.0.  I would like to propose that we cut
the
1.10.x branch in may 2020 to have a 'major' release exactly one year after
1.9.0. I would like to volunteer as the release manager.

Since it is incrementally hard to backport patches/pull requests from
master.  I
wanted to also propose that starting from now we ONLY backport to the 1.9.x
version patches related to security or data correctness issues, but NOT new
features, just in case we need to do an extra emergency 1.9.3 release.

Do you agree? Other ideas? Issues?

Regards,
Ismael