On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 7:51 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <j...@nanthrax.net>
wrote:

> Thanks Kenn, it's perfectly clear now ;)

That was Kenn's vote. I'm of the opposite opinion (at least I think checkstyle
should be done by default, possibly others). It's clear many people aren't
very happy with the current setup either. An email thread like this isn't
very good for tracking what consensus is though. Though there has been some
good discussion on this thread it seems we're spinning our wheels a bit
because it's hard to track where we even disagree.

It would be helpful if someone were to provide a definitive list of what
the possibilities are, with their respective costs (e.g. runtime,
dependencies) expected utility (how likely it is to find something) and
actionability (how easy it would be for someone to fix the reported errors
without asking us). We could then have a vote (not necessarily binding, but
to deduce consensus if any), something like

* Build (x sec)
robertwb, klk

* Unit tests (y sec)
robertwb, klk