> Is there an "official" roadmap for 2017?

We don't have an official time-based roadmap. So far, the project went
through the "standard" cycle: getting accepted into incubation, code
donation, first release, graduation, and the first stable release last week.

Going forward, I'll be looking into discussing and formalizing some of the
project's goals, and publishing them on the website. This will help set
expectations with current and prospective users, but it won't, however, go
as far as the "official roadmap" -- this is not something we can provide, I
think.