I think there may be a distinction between hard-coding support for the
"standard" WindowFns (e.g.
https://github.com/apache/beam/blob/master/sdks/common/runner-api/src/main/proto/standard_window_fns.proto)
and accepting WindowFns as a UDF. Different runners have offered different
levels of support for this in the past (for example, the Fn API doesn't
support WindowFns other than these standard ones unless they're implemented
in Java--and even then it'd probably be better for these to be executed in
the SDK context).