Is it possible for mergebot to auto squash any fixup! and perform the merge
commit as described in (a), if so then I would vote for mergebot.

Without mergebot, I vote:
(a) 0 I like squashing fixup!
(b) -1
(c) +1 Most of our PRs are for focused singular changes which is why I
would rather squash everything over not squashing anything

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 9:57 AM, Kenneth Knowles <k...@google.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 9:51 AM, Ben Chambers <bchamb...@google.com>
> wrote:
>
>> One risk to "squash and merge" is that it may lead to commits that don't
>> have clean descriptions -- for instance, commits like "Fixing review
>> comments" will show up. If we use (a) these would also show up as separate
>> commits. It seems like there are two cases of multiple commits in a PR:
>>
>> 1. Multiple commits in a PR that have semantic meaning (eg., a PR
>> performed N steps, split across N commits). In this case, keeping the
>> descriptions and performing either a merge (if the commits are separately
>> valid) or squash (if we want the commits to become a single commit in
>> master) probably makes sense.
>>

> Keep 'em
>

>> 2. Multiple commits in a PR that just reflect the review history. In this
>> case, we should probably ask the PR author to explicitly rebase their PR to
>> have semantically meaningful commits prior to merging. (Eg., do a rebase
>> -i).
>>

> Ask the author to squash 'em.
>
> Kenn
>

>> On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 9:46 AM Kenneth Knowles <k...@google.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> James brought up a great question in Slack, which was how should we use
>>> the merge button, illustrated [1]
>>>
>>> I want to broaden the discussion to talk about all the new capabilities:
>>>
>>> 1. Whether & how to use the "reviewer" field
>>> 2. Whether & how to use the "assignee" field