> - Integration tests: AFAIK we only run the ones in examples module and
> only on demand. What about running all the IT (in
> particular IO IT) as a cron job on a daily basis with direct runner?
> Please note that it will require some always up
> backend infrastructure.

Running IOITs on Direct runner is fairly easy now - all the testing
infrastructure is there and the only thing needed is switching the runner
to Direct so this is nice and low effort. +1

@Kenneth: currently we spin up required databases using Kubernetes
(postgres, mongo on it's way on my branch). We also added a hdfs cluster
setup but no Jenkins tests are fired on it on regular basis (yet). We also
had some problems running IOITs on Flink and Spark, see BEAM-3370
and BEAM-3371 so this area may need some more development.

> - Performance tests: what about running Nexmark SMOKE test suite in batch
> and streaming modes with all the runners on a
> daily basis and store the running times in a RRD database (to see
> performance regressions)? Please note that not all the
> queries run in all the runners in all the modes right now. Also, we have
> some streaming pipelines termination issues
> (see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-2847)

+1 too. Currently Performance Tests store results in BigQuery. Do you guys
think it's a good idea to store all the tests results (Nexmark and IOIT) in
one database (not separately)? Or maybe think otherwise?