Hi,

I noticed that Python precommit runs using this command:
  mvn clean install -pl sdks/python -am -amd
while postcommit invocation is simply a bash script:
  bash sdks/python/run_postcommit.sh

Both run unit tests via Tox, however since the runtime environment setup is
configured in different files (pom.xml vs shell script), they don't always
agree in their results (precommit is currently succeeded while postcommit
is failing).

So my naive question is: why does Python precommit run via Maven/Gradle?
Could we not just use a script like run_postcommit.sh?

(Side note: there's a lot of code/config duplication, such as: pypi package
versions, *.c, *.so, etc. cleanup)