On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 6:10 AM Ismaël Mejía <ieme...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to add to that weekly report the new dependencies that
> were introduced in the week before, or that have changed?

I think it makes sense to add a recent changes section so that community is
up to date and can discuss if there are any possible issues. For example,
(1) new dependencies with known critical vulnerabilities (2) component
level dependency version overrides that can be avoided.

> We are not addressing another important problem: Leaking of
> dependencies. I am not aware of the gradle equivalent of the maven
> dependency plugin that helps to determine missing dependencies (non
> explicitly defined) or unused dependencies. Is there any way to
> achieve this too? (Note this should probably be enforced at Jenkins
> not part of the report but just curious)

Agree that this probably be enforced through possibly PreCommit Jenkins job
instead of the job proposed here.

Regarding leaking, did you mean cross-component leaks (one Beam component
leaking a dependency to another Beam component) or something else ? For
cross-component dependency leaks, following proposal promotes using
versions defined at the top level which will help avoid this issue.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15m1MziZ5TNd9rh_XN0YYBJfYkt0Oj-Ou9g0KFDPL2aA/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks,
Cham