I like it. Having the extra portability layer really opens up these
possibilities that wouldn't make a usable API for a user, but are really
helpful for modeling.

I've only got View permissions to the doc, so commenting here. You mention
that they are modeled as a PCollection, but it seems that they will re-use
the PCollection protos and data plane but there's no sense in which a
runner can just treat this as a PCollection. It will have to be noticed (by
coder?) and special-cased. And will you be removing the specs from the
ParDoPayload?

Kenn