I was thinking of that being a portion of the first meet up for:
https://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Apache-Beam/
so even if not as detailed, can go through this with many more people.

Was thinking explaining open source contribution generally is something
that would be great for lots of communities; bootcamps, universities, and
could do such an educational talk to share - with the applied case of
Apache Beam.  I've got some other venues in mind for this, and anyone else
could do similar.