So I configured Prow using their getting started guide (and found a bug in
it) on a test repo.

TLDR: Prow can work for us as a review assignment tool if all potential
reviewers are also added to the https://github.com/apache org.

Some findings:
1. Github doesn't allow non-collaborators to be listed as reviewers. :(
But! anyone added to the Apache org on Github may be added as a reviewer.
(no write access needed)
Is this something the ASF is willing to consider?

2. Prow works pretty well. I've configured it to just assign code reviewers.
Here's an example of it in action:
https://github.com/udim-org/prow-test/pull/6
Essentially, the command we would use are:
"/cc @user" - to explicitly add a reviewer (/uncc to remove)

Other command in the example above are not necessary.
We can still use our current PR approval and merge process.

3. Prow currently tries to assign 2 code reviewers, and hopefully that's
configurable.

Still unsure:
1. How does Prow select reviewers? Does it load balance?