+1

Travis for building the Python wheels looks fine to me. Many Apache
projects use Travis in addition to Jenkins. Apache is also invested in
Travis [1] to ensure the build capacity is sufficient. In any case, we
could migrate away from Travis if it doesn't work out as expected.

We don't have to file a ticket with JIRA to create a new repository.
There is now: https://gitbox.apache.org/setup/newrepo.html

Cheers,
Max

[1] https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/apache_gains_additional_travis_ci