We experienced the same issues too in intellij after switching to latest
version. I did the trick Luke mentioned before to include the
beam-model-fn-execution and beam-model-job-management jars in the dependent
modules to get around compilation. But I cannot get the vendored protobuf
working. Seems the RunnerApi is using the original protobuf package, and it
causes confusion in intellij if I added the relocated jar. As a result, I
have to run and debug only using gradle for now.

Thanks,
Xinyu