+1 to starting with 2.7 branch and supporting it for 6 months. I think we
should start the support window of 6 months from the day we agree to do
this. That way users will at least get the benefit for 6 months after
learning about LTS status.

It seems like there is a consensus. Should we hold a vote on this?

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 6:46 AM, Robert Bradshaw <rober...@google.com> wrote:

> Yes, cutting more patch releases is the goal of the LTS release. We
> have not yet determined what the threshold is for backporting bugfixes
> (which, in part, depends on how much work that is) nor how often we'd
> do a release.

How about we start tagging issues with a fix version 2.7.1 and a do a case
by case decision. Over time we could write down common patterns that we
used for deciding what to backport.