Hi,

This is Hai from LinkedIn. I'm currently working on Portable API for Samza
Runner. I was able to make Python work with Samza container reading from
Kafka. However, I'm seeing severe performance issue with my set up,
achieving only ~200KB throughput between the Samza runner in the Java side
and the sdk_worker in the Python part.

While I'm digging into this, I wonder whether some one has benchmarked the
data channel between Java and Python and had some results how much
throughput can be reached? Assuming single worker thread and single
JobBundleFactory.

I might be missing some very basic and naive gRPC setting which leads to
this unsatisfactory results. So another question is whether are any good
articles or documentations about gRPC tuning dedicated to IPC?

Thanks,
Hai