Thanks Ankur and Maximilian.

Just for reference in case other people encountering the same error
message, the "permission denied" error in my original email is exactly due
to docker inside docker issue that Ankur mentioned.      Thanks Ankur!
Didn't make the link when you said it, had to discover that in a hard way
(I thought it is due to my docker installation messed up).

--
Ruoyun  Huang