I think that would be a great idea to change formats to help with
distribution. I'm open to suggestions! I'm currently using a Google doc to
collect and edit, then copy/paste sending the newsletter out directly, based
on an interpretation of this discussion
<https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/1f638eae43fe8abcb2f8752141c96d3dbdac86a583e0790044eea727@%3Cdev.beam.apache.org%3E>
.

How about this doc->website->Beam site workflow?:

   1. The same usual newsletter [CALL FOR ITEMS] where you can contribute
   to the google doc, with soft deadlines for when I'll publish.
   2. I'll publish the doc itself onto a website.
   3. The newsletter is mailed out in the same way, but now with a
   shareable website link.
   4. We'll keep an index of archived newsletter web pages on the Beam
   site, under the Community tab.
   5. If you want to submit more content after the soft deadline, add it to
   the google doc and let me know to republish. I don't want to make the
   publication changes automatic because that leaves us open to tampering.

This process is more laggy, so I'd suggest doing a 2 month vs monthly
newsletter cadence. If we're happy with this idea, I'll send in a website
PR for a new "Newsletter" left nav item under Community.

Here's an example of a published newsletter: Apache Beam February-March 2019
<https://gdoc.pub/doc/e/2PACX-1vTQIS4WkxV-HpgX5Lb6q05g4-wuIVcYd82123Mp4Y6q9fMv6Ynwd-l7dI4TrMyCrKilyU-YsoitbnZB>

   - This link is permanent unless the principal google doc is deleted.
   - Changes to the google doc after web publication are not automatically
   published on the website to protect the information integrity.
   - Republishing is quick and easy for me if you let me know you've added
   more.
   - I'll improve the formatting later if we go with this route.

Any thoughts?

--
Rose Thị Nguyễn