Hi.

My name is Jozsef, I've been working on Runners based on Hazelcast Jet.
Plural because we have both an "old-style" and a "portable" Runner in
development (https://github.com/hazelcast/hazelcast-jet-beam-runner).

While our portable one isn't even functional yet, the "old-style" type of
Runner is a bit more mature. It handles only bounded data, but for that
case it passes all Beam tests of ValidatesRunner category and runs the
Nexmark suite successfully too (I'm refering only to correctness, because
performance is not yet where it can be, we aren't doing any Pipeline
surgery yet and no other optimizations either).

Since a few days we have started extending it for unbounded data, so we
have started adding support for things like triggers, watermarks and such
and we are wondering how come we can't find ValidatesRunner tests specific
to unbounded data. Tests from the UsesTestStream category seem to be kind
of a candidate for this, but they have nowhere near the coverage and
completeness provided by the ValidatesRunner ones.

I think we are missing something and I don't know what... Could you pls.
advise?

Rgds,
Jozsef