It was unclear what the semantics were for ValueState for merging
windows. (It's also a bit weird as it's inherently a race condition
wrt element ordering, unlike Bag and CombineState, though you can
always implement it as a CombineState that always returns the latest
value which is a bit more explicit about the dangers here.)