> *Jan* Exactly. I think MapState can be dropped or backed by this. E.g.
>

>> Regarding to performance, I have a concern to drop MapSate or use
SortedMapState to back it. Although SortedMapState provide API to remove a
single key, I would imagine its implementation in runners will different
from a map state implementation without order requirement on map keys,
which might give different performance on single key access. For example,
SortedMapSate's get single key API might be implemented by allEntriesInc(k)
- allEntriesExcl(k).

Also, I would assume MapState is implemented by some runners already. So
will dropping MapState API means runners will change accordingly? Do I
misunderstand?

-Rui