Hi everyone,

A little while ago I was taking a look at the Precommit Latency metrics on
Grafana (link
<http://104.154.241.245/d/_TNndF2iz/pre-commit-test-latency?orgId=1&from=now-90d&to=now>)
and saw that the monthly 90th percentile metric has been really increasing
the past few months, from around 10 minutes to currently around 30 minutes.

After doing some light digging I was shown this page (beam load statistics
<https://builds.apache.org/label/beam/load-statistics?type=min>) which
seems to imply that queue times are shooting up when all the test executors
are occupied, and it seems this is happening longer and more often
recently. I also took a look at the commit history for our Jenkins tests
<https://github.com/apache/beam/commits/master?after=864e2e0cac88ee317ca600dafe31ec4f527d5d5f+34&path%5B%5D=.test-infra&path%5B%5D=jenkins>
and
I see that new tests have steadily been added.

I wanted to bring this up with the dev@ to ask:

1. Is this accurate? Can anyone provide insight into the metrics? Does
anyone know how to double check my assumptions with more concrete metrics?

2. Does anyone have ideas on how to address this?

Thanks,
Daniel Oliveira