The Go SDK uses the old API [1], but it shouldn't be too hard to migrate it.

The main thing I'd want to do at the same time is move the dependencies on
the protos out of that package and have those live only in the harness
package [2]. I wasn't aware of that particular separation of concerns until
much later, but allows for alternative harness implementations.

I have some other work to get the Per-DoFn profiling metrics (eleemnt
count, size, time) into the Go SDK this quarter, so I can handle this then.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/beam/blob/master/sdks/go/pkg/beam/core/metrics/metrics.go#L474
[2]
https://github.com/apache/beam/tree/master/sdks/go/pkg/beam/core/runtime/harness